- Quickly cools a room up to 350 square feet.
- 8,000 BTU compact air conditioner for window installation
- Standard 115V electrical outlet
- Dehumidifies up to 1.7 pints per hour
- Clean air ionizer removes pollen and impurities from the air providing relief for allergy sufferers
- Energy Star 8,000 BTU mini air conditioner for window installation has long 6.5 ft. three-prong power cord
- Pleated quick mount window mounting kit included
- Minimum window height: 14 inches; Window width dimensions: 23″ minimum / 36″ maximum
- Saves you energy and money with the Auto Cool, Sleep and Energy Saver settings
Pros of Frigidaire FFRE0833Q1:
1. The AC can blow so cold that some users had to leave it at the lowest temperature setting. Others reported that the unit cools a bedroom and even up to two additional bedrooms.
2. It is known to be highly relaxing as even an entire family liked sleeping in a bedroom where his AC unit is working.
3. The instructions on the assembly and mounting of the unit were easy to follow. It is easy to install the unit in a window without the aid of any extra hardware.
4. The unit is very energy efficient as users experienced a noticeable drop in their electricity consumption bill. Some users reported up to a 50% savings on bills associated with their AC unit.
5. Users loved the remote control. They conceded that the remote had a very accurate measurement of the house temperature because a temperature sensor (thermostat) is located in the remote rather than other cases where the thermostat is located in the AC unit where outside temperature can interfere with readings.
6. Users also like the timer function of the air conditioner as it allows them to set the unit to cool just before their arrival from an outing.
7. The sleep mode on the unit does not permit users to get too cold at night. The unit can equally be programmed to shut down at night.
8. It is a very compact unit and lightweight, and it has a long power cable that removed the need for an extension.
9. It is also able to cool a room in a very short span of time.
10. It comes in three modes that are the economy mode, fan only and cool which makes it an extremely flexible unit depending on temperature requirements.
Cons of Frigidaire FFRE0833Q1:
1. This unit of air conditioning makes a very high pitched buzzing noise when working.
It was also reported that it is very hard to use gadgets like a phone or watch TV when the unit is on as hearing is impaired, and the noise is unbearable to some users. The sound was compared to a plane taking off and the noise level was “like having a train in the house” according to a buyer.
2. There were cases of poor customer support from Frigidaire.
On one occasion the unit did not work, and the rather unhelpful customer support forced the buyer to purchase another air conditioner from a different brand. In another instance, the unit was cooling poorly and as quoting the customer, he said, “the unit was blowing hot, and the customer support ‘blew me off,’ just like the AC.”
3. There were also cases where buyers got damaged units right out of the box where multiple dents were present on the unit as reported by some consumers. In other instances, the unit stopped working after a couple of weeks. Others also said the compressor stopped working after a while.
4. The fins on the unit only blow in a single direction which means that the cooling is not dispersed in every direction.