- Energy Star 6,000 BTU mini compact window air conditioner for mounted installation
- Has a 6.5 feet long three-prong power cord and uses standard 115 V electrical outlet
- Pleated quick mount window mounting kit included – Minimum window height: 14 inches; Window width dimensions: 23 inches minimum / 36 inches maximum
- Cools a room up to 250 square feet and it dehumidifies up to 1.3 pints every hour
- Clean air ionizer removes pollen and impurities from the air providing relief for allergy sufferers while the fresh air vent/exhaust control removes odors
- Save energy and money with the 3 settings: Auto Cool, Sleep and Energy Saver
Pros of Frigidaire FFRE0633Q1:
- The unit comes with an inbuilt dehumidifier that takes out the moisture content of the room and ensures that only cold and dry air is dispersed by the air conditioner.
- The unit is relatively cheaper than similar air conditioners; it is reported to be cheaper than a few AC units of even bigger power output.
- The unit has been also reported to cool down a small size room really fast. A user whose room is 210 Sq. Ft. and another buyer whose room measures 18X 24 inch both attested to this. It was able to cool down their rooms even from three figure outside temperature.
- The economy mode on this unit ensures that the cost of running the unit is low. It is possible to save up to 60 USD a month on electricity bills in comparison to units with similar power output.
- A user who was allergic to pollen reported that the clean air ionizer that removes impurities and pollen worked very well as advertised.
- The fan on the unit comes with a low, medium and high setting and it works by bringing in air from the outside. But in case you are not sure of which one to use, it could just be set to the “auto” mode so that it can self-regulate itself.
- This compact unit is lightweight, and the installation is a simple “Do It Yourself” procedure. You will not really require an outside help to install the unit, and it is not too technical to handle.
- The unit also comes a with a responsive remote controller that is effective from just about any corner of the room. The remote is particularly useful as it will allow you to make temperature adjustments especially when you are in bed.
- The power cord that comes with the unit is long enough to be used at a reasonable distance away without the need for an extension cable.
Cons of Frigidaire FFRE0633Q1:
- The unit has a bright display that did not go down well with a few people as they wished it had a night mode. Also, it was reported that the unit allows daylight to shine through the vents that a few people did not like.
- There were a few issues with the shipping of the units as it was reported to have arrived with dents. Another user said that although the unit worked great, it, however, came with damaged fins. Aside this, there were also some issues about the quality of materials that was used in the construction especially the styrofoam.
- The unit has been reported to be quite noisy, and it caused a significant disturbance with the sloshing and whooshing noise. In most cases, this noise did not start right out of the box, the unit only started getting noisy after a period.